Like Our Facebook Fan Page

header ads

Over 40,000 persons displaced in Benue attack – SEMA




Benue State Emergency Management Agency said over 40,000 persons had been displaced following the recent gunmen attack in Guma and Logo Local Government Areas of the state. The Executive Secretary of SEMA, Mr Emmanuel Shior told the News Agency of Nigeria in Makurdi on Friday that the agency had opened four camps for the displaced persons in the affected areas.

Shior said that the state government decided to locate the camps in areas considered safest in the LGAs for security reasons. “What we are doing at the moment is to open temporary camps except the one in Daudu that already has existing camp facilities, the others camps are situated in primary schools located in the areas.

“We do not hope to keep them in the camps for a long time, remember this is January and most of the affected persons are farmers who are still harvesting their crops,” he said. He assured the IDPs that though they were displaced they were not misplaced as government and his agency would do everything possible to give them minimum comfort.

Post a Comment

0 Comments